Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Zombies Ate My Chilean

I know that I promised you guys more on these awesome comics and it has been *ages*; sorry! However, this time I come bearing actual NEWS!

For starters though; a recap on TZAMC. In issue #1, the guys (and girls!) woke up the morning after Richard's birthday party at the Camden Palace with absolutely no idea of what had happened the night before... and not the regular kind of drunken selective memory; this was total collective blackout! When their friend Dave goes from missing to dead, the group begin to suspect they may have gotten in over their heads.

Issues #2, #3 and #4 saw the gang re-visit the Camden Palace - the club from the night before - to get some answers, swarms of the undead engulfing London and some more traumas a little closer to home. As for the Chilean in question? Well, you'll have to read to find out!

As you can tell by my rubbish review, I'm really keen not to give too much away! TZAMC is not the fastest paced comic book in the world, but I don't think it suffers at all for that, because the artwork is the best I have EVER seen in an indie comic and the only direction the standard seems to go is up! It has a really fun sense of humour - even more so in the intros and concluding notes than in the text itself, hilariously enough - and lots of good, old fashioned shovel-to-the-head zombie action! There's even a cameo from who I suspect may be Doc Brown from Back to the Future!!!

I really, really urge you guys to check these comics out! I have absolutely no doubt that they could find a publisher at the drop of a hat - get in there before they're all famous and whatnot ;)

So, just how can you get your eager hands on them you ask? For those of you fortunate enough to be floating around the London area; Orbital Comics stock all 4 issues.

They do offer shipping both within the UK and to Europe and North America - you would probably need to call up and get them to quote you for these specific comics as they're not listed on the website. Alternatively; just ask me and I'm totally happy to grab some for you and mail them - we can figure out some kind of Paypal arrangement!

I had a chance to actually chat to Alex at London Film and Comic Con and the website is apparently all set and ready to go - his friend just keeps messing around, trying to make it more shiny and then crashing the whole thing. Tech geeks, eh? :p I will let you guys know as soon as it goes live.

In the meantime, I leave you with the blog, which has an exciting preview of cover #5, and another example of just how fantastic this artwork is - which also doubles as a consideration for my next Halloween costume! Now, where can I get a bloodied shovel?


1 comment:

  1. Yay for new comic recs! I love stumbling across off the path (not from DC/Marvel, etc) comics, and this one sounds like a great find!

    ReplyDelete