Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Steampunk Short and a Heads Up

Woah! *blows dust off blog*

Life has been nuts and is only getting more so - therefore I won't make the mistake of promising a return to (semi-)regular posting.. but I will be popping in more often with fun things to share!

I've been working on Tweeting more (but not too much) from work so you can catch me @titangrrl if you want to hear random things about working in geek publishing, you know where to go ;)

This little steampunk short popped up on one of the Livejournal communities I follow - and it's so heartbreakingly beautiful that I just had to share it.



Also through a steampunk community, I discovered a movie called The Clockwork Girl - which I had somehow managed to be shamefully unaware of! Originally scheduled for a 2010 release, I'm honestly not sure what is happening with this movie, but I so hope that it does get a release as it looks like so much fun!

Based on a comic book series of the same name, The Clockwork Girl tells the story of Tesla, a robot girl, and the hilarious mutant boy she befriends. Check out the preview on the official website and keep an eye out for it in the future!

2 comments:

  1. *cranks mechanical horse, grabs tissue and wipes tear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Smashing Pumpkins tonight, tonight video.

    ReplyDelete