Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Geek Roundup

It's been an exciting week in geek world! Not only did I get started on the world of comic books, but I also (finally) watched 2010, started on Stargate: Universe, began planning a (sort of) proper costume for a party I'm going to, bought tickets to a convention and arranged a Star Wars marathon complete with themed cookies! Not bad going...

This is a (pretty) shameless link offload... my tabs are starting to annoy me... to anyone who has Google Chrome; I highly recommend TooManyTabs - you can hide them all and then die of horror when you open the programme again days later...

I finished V For Vendetta today, but that is most definitely a graphic novel deserving of a well thought out review and my work schedule and the sudden appearance of social engagements (I know!?!?!) this week are making that difficult to squash in right now.

Plus Intergalactic Freecycle takes more time and brain space than it really ought to.

- Cute baby is cute; your argument is invalid.

- I am going to recruit this woman to help design the hobbit hole guesthouse I intend to build when I retire and am inexplicably wealthy...

- A Dozen Reasons TV Shows Get Made; when you're channel hopping and you wonder where all this shit came from...


- A great article by my friend Amy pointed me in the direction of Contropussy, which lent amusement to an otherwise sombre morning...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed V for Vendetta! So many more wonderful comics and graphic novels ahead of you. :)

    Ahhh, love the links. Now I have too many tabs. :D

    That hobbit hole - we wants it precious.

    Thank you for the link to my article dear!

    ReplyDelete