Friday, May 7, 2010

You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means...

Reliable sources have informed me that I can do something with my time on the internet other than adding to my wishlist on Thinkgeek and reblogging the same Super Mario Post-It window collage again and again on Tumblr...

Amy (geek with curves) has a wonderful blog that regularly makes me envious both of her awesome life and her clearly superior geeky knowledge...

I have nothing quite so interesting to offer, but I am about to embark on a journey into the world of comic books for the first time, and figured that if it didn't interest someone it would at least give them something to point and laugh at. Geek is a word thrown around all to often, and not applied to women nearly as often as it ought to be...

Chances are, this will also accumulate the random things I find on the internet...

Note; I am a girl. I like movies where substantial structures blow up. I like hardcore sci-fi based in nerdy science. I like snarky commentary. I also like wearing corsets... these characteristics will present themselves in ever alternating proportions.

A round up of today's lingering tabs...

I'm not going to lie; yesterday's election was stressful! The prospect of a hung parliament with a majority Conservative/Lib Dem coalition is making everyone here a bit tetchy and miserable...

So... SFX did the only thing a decent British organisation could do, and came promptly to the rescue with a prospective cabinet that I, in all honesty, would rather vote for. This sort of shit wouldn't fly with Vetinari...

I'm usually the first to run in the opposite direction when J.J Abrams is linked with a project, but the leaked Super 8 trailer caught my eye with a mention of Area 51. Once an X-Files fan...

Suspicion persists that the 'leak' is a studio stunt, but it looks interesting none the less... as long as he's not out to rape the X-Files again (Fringe: Never Forget!), I remain optimistically curious...

On a similar note, 5 former Area 51 employees speak out... reveal... well, not much! Original link snurched from Boing Boing!

A SyFy employee tells you how you can really save your tv show... it's not good news, I fear!


Life changing advice of the day; this movie will really help if you live in the UK right now. Largely because it is awesome, but also because it helps to work out the rage...

No comments:

Post a Comment